[Xcb] Xlib/XCB bug fix: XID allocation

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Sun Apr 2 12:22:57 PDT 2006

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 09:18:09AM -0700, Ian Osgood wrote:
> I didn't see the test app in the commit.

Yes. That's because I'm a bad, bad person.

> Is there a place for regression tests to live in the XCL or XCB trees?

Well, that's the trouble. The answer is "sort of". There's the X Test
Suite, which is Xlib-specific. (It's also difficult to modify, for both
technical and bureaucratic reasons.) There's a pathetic little XCB test
suite too. (Want to help make it better?) But I've written some tests
for both Xlib and XCB that are designed to be nearly identical, and they
should stay together. I haven't decided where to put those yet. Maybe a
new directory in the XCB repository.

> Do fixes like this need a bugzilla bug?

I didn't think so. I was halfway through filing the bug report when I
had finished testing the fix, and figured there wasn't any point in
filing a bug report I was going to close immediately.

I'm happy to listen to reasons why I should do differently next time
though...?

--Jamey