[Xcb] Putting XVideo on the root window

Yuri van Oers yvanoers at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 1 03:35:43 PDT 2006

Hi,

First of all, I'm not sure this is the right list for this topic, but I'm
sure someone will redirect me if it's not.

I'm trying to make XVideo appear in my X(.org R6.7) session. Without
having to create a window first. So I figured I'd simply use the root
window. After writing a simple program that shows the XVideo in a
SimpleWindow, I changed all the code to use DefaultRootWindow(dpy) instead
of the SimpleWindow.

Compiling goes well, running too. No errors. But no video either.

I'm running KDE, if that makes any difference.

What am I missing? Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks,
Yuri