[Xcb] xcb-util make error

Christer Sandvik christer.sandvik at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 05:05:26 PST 2006

Hej igen

Vincent Torri wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Dec 2006, Christer Sandvik wrote:
>
>>> If your only trouble with XCB is that the released xcb-util tarball
>>> won't build, then the best we can do is try to help troubleshoot what
>>> goes wrong when you run
>>>     git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xcb/util
>>> If you're having trouble installing git, again, you'll need to ask for
>>> help with that from people who know the MacOS X environment.
>>>
>> Git compiling fails, is there anyone with OSX experience? Patience,
>> patience, patience the voice in my head says.
>
> always give the compiling error. We can give you answers faster. Also,
> when I want to track a compiling error, I use google. It helped me a
> lot (for compiling linux progs/libs with mingw, for example)
gcc -g -O2 -Wall  -DSHA1_HEADER='<openssl/sha.h>' -DNO_STRLCPY -o
git-http-fetch   fetch.o http.o http-fetch.o \
        libgit.a xdiff/lib.a -lz  -liconv  -lcrypto -lssl -lcurl -lexpat
/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lexpat
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [git-http-fetch] Error 1

>>> Finally, evas of course has been implemented using Xlib for a long
>>> time,
>>> which doesn't need xcb-util. If you just want to get evas working, I'd
>>> think you shouldn't be using Vincent's XCB port yet.
>
> I think that I've missed a mail :)
Yes you did, it ended up private that e-mail.

>>> p.s. valgrind won't run on PowerPC, right? Last I checked it only
>>> supported x86, since it works at the machine-code level.
>> Exactly so what happens if i really need it? Then evas in the end
>> won't compile either or?
>
> valgrind is only used for debug purposes. You don't need it to compile
> or run evas.
Ok sounds good, but the other's I'll try further.

> Vincent

Christer