[Xcb] origin/master

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Feb 23 16:05:56 PST 2006

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:43:38 -0800, Jamey Sharp wrote:

> The fact that 'origin' appears in the repository at fd.o is a bug,
> though. I accidentally pushed it from my local repository. Keith deleted
> it from the server for me, but I think my repository remembered that I
> pushed it and has kept pushing it since, or something. Now Josh is
> pushing it too. I don't have access rights to fix the server, and I
> don't know how to fix my local copy.

I'm not going to touch the repository on the server, (I'm not actively
using it, so I'd be less likely to know if I screwed it up), unless
someone *really* wants me to.

But as for pushing branches you don't mean to. Check the
.git/remotes/origin file (or whatever remotes file you are using to
push with). Any Push: lines there specify things to push in
local:remote order.

And note that if you don't have _any_ Push: lines there, then "git
push" will push all branches that appear in both the local and remote
repositories, (in which case, once it is removed from the server you
won't be pushing it anymore).

-Carl