[Xcb] extensions

Jeremy Kolb jkolb at brandeis.edu
Sun Jan 15 12:26:14 PST 2006

So I've checked out the extension registry and it's horribly out of
date, and I've never even heard of most of the extensions.  I've posted
a TODO file (Vincent's idea) in xcb-proto with extensions that we have
supported (including x-resource which I just added).  Here's a copy:

Extension Status:

X - Present, tested, works.
U - Present, untested.
I - Incomplete.

X BIG-REQESTS
X COMPOSITE
X DAMAGE
X DPMS
X GLX
X MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
X MIT-SHM
X RANDR
X RECORD
X RENDER
X SHAPE
X SYNC
X X-Resource
X XC-MISC
X XEVIE
X XFIXES
U XFree86-DRI
I XpExtension (XPrint)
X XVideo
U XVideo-MotionCompensation

If someone wants to test dri or xvmc then please do, I haven't had time
to do the latter and I don't have dri on this machine.  Nor do I have
XPrint set up.  I've been told wine, sdl, and vmware used the DGA
extension so I'm going to bang that out later.

The problem right now is coming up with which extensions we need to add.
 I'm taking requests, any ideas? These should go in the TODO file so we
can keep track.

Jeremy