[Xcb] another "no rule to make target `xproto.c'"

Alex A. Schmidt alex at lana.ccne.ufsm.br
Thu Jul 6 12:14:51 PDT 2006

Hello Josh,

Thanks for the reply and yes, I do use GNU make (3.80).

Well, it turns out that my problem with xproto.c was something
else after all. A "make clean" or "make distclean" in the libxcb-0.9
directory actually erases xcb_types.c, xcb_types.h, xproto.c and
xproto.h files in the src sub-directoty!! I have tested this again
from scratch and it does happen. Is this a gnu make bug or
just a problem with the libxcb-0.9 Makefiles ?

So, I was missing the xproto.c file from the beginning. Not any more.
lixcb-0.9 compiled just fine, although I did have to replace
"#include <stdint.h>" by "#include <inttypes.h>" in src/xcb.h file
to make it work in my solaris-2.7.

Cheers,

Alex

> Alex A. Schmidt wrote:
> > This topic "No rule to make target `xproto.c'" has been addressed before
in
> > this mailing-list by Josh Triplett and Neil Dokkalfar back in nov/2004,
> > but their discussion about it is not helping me. I getting the same:
> >
> > make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/software_dependencies/libxcb-0.9/src'