[Xcb] [xsync] attributes of XCBSyncCreateAlarm

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Sat Jul 22 13:48:16 PDT 2006

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 06:26:17PM -0700, Ian Osgood wrote:
> Also, I notice that some of the field types of the structs refer to
> the enumeration names instead of CARD8/16/32. What size do these end
> up in the structure definitions? C enums don't actually specify a
> physical size, so these might be incorrect compared to the wire
> protocol (xextproto/syncstr.h).

I don't remember whether the C standard specifies this behavior, but I
believe GCC will treat any enum type as the size of an int. For most
cases in the X protocol, that would be wrong. We've needed an
improvement to the protocol descriptions for a long time that would let
us specify an enum typed field of a particular size.

--Jamey