[Xcb] Another compilation problem...

Shakaa shakaa at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jul 26 05:26:10 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm encountering another compilation problem when i try to build xcb-util

This is what i got :

atoms.gperf: In function 'InternAtomPredefined':
atoms.gperf:229: error: 'None' undeclared (first use in this function)
atoms.gperf:229: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
atoms.gperf:229: error: for each function it appears in.)
atoms.gperf: In function 'InternAtomFast':
atoms.gperf:239: error: 'None' undeclared (first use in this function)

The problem seems to be in the atom directory...

In file atoms.c there is :

 595 XCBATOM InternAtomPredefined(CARD16 name_len, const char *name)
 596 {
 597         const struct atom_map *value = in_word_set(name, name_len);
 598         XCBATOM ret = { None };

and

608         if((cookie.u.atom = InternAtomPredefined(name_len,
name)).xid != None)

"None" is apparently undifined, i didn't find it elsewhere.... Where is it ?
I temporarily replaced None with 0 and it's "ok" but i don't think a
good thing....