[Xcb] Re: Problem with XCBImagePut

Orhun Birsoy obirsoy at comcast.net
Wed Jun 7 21:29:06 PDT 2006

I think I have BIG-REQUESTS extension, please see the my findings below.
As you suggested I am losing my connection to X somehow. Is there a way
I can further debug this?

Since I am lost at this, I will suggest random thoughts maybe one of
them will ring a bell,
. My X server has some setting that XCB does not like.
. My Fedora Core 5 has some setting that XCB does not like.
. My compiler (gcc (GCC) 4.1.1 20060525 (Red Hat 4.1.1-1)) does
something that XCB does not like.
. XCB does not like my video card (GeForce 6800, nvidia drivers loaded)
. I am compiling my application wrong.
. I somehow managed to compile XCB wrong.
. I have to enable some stuff (ie BIG-REQUESTS), either in some
configuration file, and/or during compilation of XCB, and/or during
compilation of my program.

I guess I have to wait Vincent to get back to me.

I am also studying SHM, if that solves my problem I'll let you know.

Here is my findings :

XCBGetMaximumRequestLength returns 4194303. Strangely enough this number
is very close to my image size that causes problems but according to the
documentation this should be a number representing 16777212 bytes (which
is also confirmed by xdpyinfo, see below).

xdpyinfo returns this information :

name of display:    :0.0
version number:    11.0
vendor string:    The X.Org Foundation
vendor release number:    70000000
X.Org version: 7.0.0
maximum request size:  16777212 bytes
motion buffer size:  256
bitmap unit, bit order, padding:    32, LSBFirst, 32
image byte order:    LSBFirst
number of supported pixmap formats:    7
supported pixmap formats:
     depth 1, bits_per_pixel 1, scanline_pad 32
     depth 4, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
     depth 8, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
     depth 15, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
     depth 16, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
     depth 24, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
     depth 32, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
keycode range:    minimum 8, maximum 255
focus:  window 0x340001e, revert to Parent
number of extensions:    31
     BIG-REQUESTS
     DAMAGE
     DOUBLE-BUFFER