[Xcb] xcb with BSD make and on DragonFly

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Wed Mar 8 08:38:51 PST 2006

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, Jamey Sharp wrote:

> Solaris and Linux disagree about the definition of 'struct iovec'.
> Apparently your OS disagrees with both. Perhaps iov_base is declared as
> (char *)?
>
> Could you mail me the definition of struct iovec from your sys/uio.h?

>From DragonFly: src/sys/sys/uio.h,v 1.9

/*
 * XXX
 * iov_base should be a void *.
 */
struct iovec {
        char    *iov_base;      /* Base address. */
        size_t   iov_len;       /* Length. */
};

Same on FreeBSD 4.x.

NetBSD, OpenBSD and (newer) FreeBSD it is void *iov_base;

(I have now asked the DragonFly list about this to see if we can get it
fixed there. Someone already submit a patch for this I see.)

> > The modular xorg wiki needs to be updated about the parts that need to be
> > retrieved via git and their dependencies like xcb and xcb-proto. And also
> > build.sh needs to be fixed for this also.
>
> That's true... I think. I'm not sure when it makes sense to switch those
> over to XCB.

On at least DragonFly, the wiki and build.sh is broken since it will use
the old libX11. (The git version has the update for DragonFly.)

Thanks for your reply and help.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo ':6DB6=88>?;@69876tA=AC8BB5tA6487><' | tr '4-F' 'wu rofIn.lkigemca'