[Xcb] Re: to Ian Osgood

Vincent Torri Vincent.Torri at iecn.u-nancy.fr
Mon Mar 13 13:01:51 PST 2006

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, Ian Osgood wrote:

> I figured that since these are deprecated, we should put them all in one
> place so they can be removed easily. (In fact, shouldn't we just
> remove them now? How many projects besides Xlib and Cairo are
> using XCB?)

evas (a canvas library) and ecore. But i've written their port. And I
maintain them. So any change in xcb is not a problem.

> BTW, nice patch against tests/lissajoux. I'm getting at least 10x the
> frame rate!

thanks.
i've profiled it for fun and i realized that computing sin ans cos
coordinates were too consuming. In addition, it's now easier to test the
differences between shm and no shm, now that it's not the computations
that are the most exepensive.

> Did this apply to tests/flames as well? I notice it is also much faster.

no. The computations in flame are optimized, I think. Except it would be
better to write the code in asm. But not by me :)

> Pleased to meet you all; I work with Jamey and Josh on the rocket
> [http://psas.pdx.edu/].

haa, ok, I understand now who you are :) welcome on board :)

Vincent