[Xcb] what has happended with git ?

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Wed Mar 15 00:21:15 PST 2006

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 10:22:04PM -0800, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:02:55 -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> > However, the extraneous remote head is harmless ...
>
> I don't think it's quite harmless. After "git clone", the
> remotes/origin file does list Pull lines for every branch that exists
> in the remote server. So an errant "Pull: origin:origin" just might
> appear there. (I haven't tested this myself yet.

It seems that `git-push origin` pushes both master and origin forever
after a `git-push --all`, which means we get xcb-commit mails for
updates to master first, and then when someone does a pull and another
push we get a nearly identical mail for origin. That was really annoying
the last time around and will be this time too.

We can discuss how to fix GIT so we don't have this same problem a
*third* time, but would one of you just fix the repository now please?
:-)

Thanks,
--Jamey