[Xcb] Branch 'xspec' - xcb-proto

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Wed Mar 15 11:29:37 PST 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 12:01:19PM -0500, Jeremy A. Kolb wrote:
> onnoff is the name given in the headers,  Since we want to be true to the
> protocol shouldn't this name remain unchanged?

Yes. The XML files are supposed to be a representation of the wire
protocol: if a particular binding, like XCB or XNB, needs different
naming conventions etc. it's expected to provide them in its code
generator.

Alp, you're doing a lot of work to change things that I'm not sure
should be changed: XML-XCB attribute names (opcode->number), type names
(WINDOW->Window), and occasional field names (onoff->enabled). Remember
that XCB needs to use the same files, so if you ever want to merge your
changes you need to be talking to the rest of us. What's your plan here?

--Jamey