[Xcb] how to fix git-push

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Wed Mar 15 11:37:44 PST 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 07:26:10AM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 00:21 -0800, Jamey Sharp wrote:
> > We can discuss how to fix GIT so we don't have this same problem a
> > *third* time, but would one of you just fix the repository now please?
> > :-)
>
> Done.

Thanks!

> Now, does Carl know how we can make this impossible in the future?

I think I do. Seems to me that `git-push --all` should map origin to
master in the same way that `git-push origin` does, then eliminate
duplicates from the set of heads to push. I guess when eliminating
duplicates it should always pick the head that is a superset. This is
surely the behavior expected for --all?

--Jamey