[Xcb] releasing

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Thu Mar 16 12:18:35 PST 2006

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 02:42:22PM -0500, Jeremy A. Kolb wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, Jamey Sharp wrote:
> > when we weren't trying to get a release out in a few days. :-)
>
> Are you serious?

Well, yeah, some sort of release -- a 0.99 version perhaps. Bart's
proposed we call it a "technology preview" release. I've been trying to
clean up issues from Bugzilla for the last couple of weeks in
preparation.

What, you think we should have stated this plan more clearly? Well, OK,
you're right. :-)

I had some hope of getting Xlib/XCB into the X.org 7.1 release, though
Keithp is on-record now on the xorg list as advising against that unless
we get a lot more testing real soon. So get all your friends to test
Xlib/XCB today! They won't be your friends very much longer but I'll be
happy. ;-)

--Jamey