[Xcb] where to find xproto.pc ?

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Tue May 9 10:04:14 PDT 2006

Hi Florent!

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 03:16:57PM +0200, Florent Monnier wrote:
> The problem is that I don't have the file xproto.pc in my system,
> nor in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/ nor in /usr/lib/pkgconfig/

You need to follow the directions at
	http://xcb.freedesktop.org/wiki/DevelopersGuide
And don't skip the X.org Modular Developer's Guide:
	http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide

You may want to download source tarballs instead of checking out from
CVS or GIT. X.org source tarballs are at
	http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/
and XCB source tarballs are at
	http://xcb.freedesktop.org/dist/

For X.org compile questions, try irc.freenode.net in channel #xorg --
this isn't an appropriate place for those.

--Jamey