[Xcb] new library for pthread stub functions

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Wed Nov 22 08:44:32 PST 2006

In message <20061122105339.GA12023 at id.minilop.net> you wrote:
> Bart points out that I could just have suppressed gcc's warning about
> unused static functions.

To be clear: I think we should suppress GCC's warnings about
unused static functions regardless of what we do about this
particular problem.  In my experience, such warnings are
almost always false positives for harmless situations,
rather than indicators of an actual bug.

> Josh and I came up with a different, and I think dramatically better,
> solution. Take a look at:
> 	git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xcb/pthread-stubs

I think this is a very nice solution, and support it.  I'm
probably being stupid, but I'm missing why the static
linking case is hard; why not just provide static
implementations of all the stubbed functions and flat-out
link against them?

    Bart Massey
    Assoc. Prof. Computer Science
    Portland State University