[Xcb] new library for pthread stub functions

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes at gentoo.org
Wed Nov 22 14:18:12 PST 2006

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 23:06, Josh Triplett wrote:
> Thus, we force every program to do something
> slightly different for the static and non-static case, and we don't have
> any way of expressing that in pkg-config.
Actually pkg-config do just that when using .private values:

flame at enterprise ~ % pkg-config --static --libs x11
-lX11 -lpthread -lXau -lXdmcp
flame at enterprise ~ % pkg-config --libs x11
-lX11

when linking to libpthread (or to libthr for FreeBSD) the weak symbols get
replaced by the non-weak symbols, and that should be it.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Sound, ALSA, PAM, KDE, CJK, Ruby ...