[Xcb] documentation.

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Tue Nov 28 11:05:18 PST 2006

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 10:14:47AM +0100, Vincent Torri wrote:
> Hey

Hi Vincent!

> On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Jamey Sharp wrote:
> >Rather than placing an extra newline in every use of the <doc> tag, you
> >might arrange to add the newline automatically. ...
>
> Indeed. I've fixed that. I just added a template for the doc tag.

Sure, that'll do it. :-)

> >Yeah, I assume there's no point in having Doxygen comments in the
> >generated .c source files? It's pretty easy to test whether we're
> >generating a .c or a .h file, and omit the comments for one of them.
>
> I've also fixed that (the comments are in the header files).

Cool. That'll make it a bit easier to deal with the output.

> Now, I can add comments for other functions of the protocol stup api, or I
> can make a patch for just the _next function and put it in bugzilla. Or do
> you think I should do something else ?

I think that before doing anything else, you should commit what you have
so far. :-) Then you can start working on other functions. If you can
see ways to simplify the XSLT, such as by using the <doc> tag for the
comments that were already there, you might do some clean-up before
continuing. But that's up to you.

Just be sure that you're only changing comments. As long as the actual
code doesn't change, you can experiment as much as you want. Also, I'll
really appreciate if you make only small commits to the XSLT, so I can
understand what you did at each step. For example, as you document a new
function, commit just that one function's documentation.

Of course, if you find a need to change the code, that might be OK too,
but we should talk about it on the list first. :-)

--Jamey