[Xcb] Working on RandR 1.2 proto

Ian Osgood iano at quirkster.com
Wed Nov 29 11:41:11 PST 2006

I've attached the 1.2 version of randr.xml (I didn't bother with a
diff since it is mostly new and the 1.2 sections are marked. Please
review, especially the requests marked TODO and FIXME. I haven't
built the randr 1.2 server, so this is totally untested.

(Annoyance: it would be nice to be able to 'make install randr.xml'
so you didn't need to rebuild the whole shebang when one extension
changes. Or have a target which only copies newer XML files into the
destination.)

I'm seeing lots of discrepancies between randrproto.h and
randrproto.txt. Is it too early to be working on this? Of course, I'm
using the code as the final arbiter but there are still many
unanswered questions, especially since many of the new libXrandr
methods are unimplemented. I also noted requests where randrproto.h
looks wrong (BUG).

Ian

P.S. Way cool that MBX was prototyped using XCB! Five years of
effort... validated!