[Xcb] bug in the conversion tool ?

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Tue Oct 10 00:58:45 PDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 09:44:47AM +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Vincent!

> am I wrong, or does the conversion tool not handle the Id of visualid ?

I don't understand the question. The conversion tool does not try to
track what type each variable is, so it doesn't remove the '.id' and
'.xid' field references that we made obsolete in RC2, if that's what
you're asking. For example, it converts this code:

XCBVISUALID visual = { 27 };
visual.id = 43;

To this:

xcb_visualid_t visual = { 27 };
visual.id = 43;

But the correct version would now be this:

xcb_visualid_t visual = 27;
visual = 43;

If somebody wants to enhance the script to handle these cases, I'm all
for it, but it's hard to get right, and easy to let a real compiler tell
you what you need to change. And you'll only need it once.

Now if, on the other hand, you think that XCBVISUALID should have become
xcb_visual_id_t, that's a different question. Or is there some other
question I haven't guessed? :-)

--Jamey