[Xcb] util/image and xcb_image_put() sub-regions

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Sat Oct 21 10:35:13 PDT 2006

There are are clearly some interesting architectural
questions for a proper get/putimage utility library for XCB.

I think that a good way to go is to look at what Cairo
requires (via completing your port), look at what some other
toolkit-level uses require, and then design from scratch a
proper library.  I suspect that many of the features of Xlib
PutSubImage() are of questionable generality, utility, or
implementation from an XCB perspective; let's find out and
then build the right thing.

Of course, that's asking a lot of you.  Feel free to ask us
to help. :-)

	Bart

In message <8ED0E84C-ED4C-425B-B5B6-93B46E66B303 at quirkster.com> you wrote:
>  From what I can tell, the vast tracts of code under libX11/src/
> PutImage.c:PutSubImage() have been replaced in xcb_image_put() with a
> call to the core protocol xcb_put_image(). This bypasses
> [many things]
[...]