[Xcb] naming convention (finished)

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Mon Sep 18 14:30:02 PDT 2006


Here is another diff.

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, Jamey Sharp wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 11:38:04AM +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> I notice that the new XSLT generates names like xcbBigRequests_init for
> the deprecated XCB*Init functions (that I never actually marked
> deprecated, oops). These should just be removed anyway.

ok. right now, I let them in.

> Other than that difference and some minor disagreements on where to put
> underscores, your XSLT and my Perl seem to largely agree. I think that's
> good. :-)
>> 2) we should change the name of XCBSetupReq in xproto.xml to
>> XCBSetupRequest, imho.
> Yes.

already done in git

> On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 01:03:55PM -0700, Ian Osgood wrote:
>> On Sep 17, 2006, at 2:38 AM, Vincent Torri wrote:
>>> 1) we must change the name of XCBButton and XCBHost in xproto.xml,
>>> otherwise, the compilation will fail.
>> xcb_button_index and xcb_host_mode were my suggestions.
> OK, I'll accept that.

already done in git

>>> 4) Because of their name in xproto.xml, some enum values are not
>>> very good, like XCB_CWBACK_PIXEL. Maybe we should change the name
>>> so that we obtain XCB_CW_BACK_PIXEL. It's easy to do in xproto.xml
>>> (changing CW to Cw).
>> Agreed. Josh should look at this; I think we should be able to handle
>> it programatically.

it is now handled.

>> Also XIDRange to xid_range instead of xidrange.

i didn't succeed :/

>>> 7) I've also changed the naming convention of the xcb api. I think
>>> that it's better to have a consistent scheme.
>> I suggest converting BYTE to uint8_t, and possibly do the same for BOOL.
> Yes for both. I don't want these byte8_t and bool8_t typedefs.


>> Do we actually need <type name="XID" newname="xid" />? I don't see
>> any XID types remaining in the protocol files. I think XID was an
>> Xlib client-only type that we got rid of in XCB.
> I think you're right: that line can disappear.

it is removed.

>> Symbols mentioned in the comments also need to be converted.


> Please don't right now. In fact, I'd appreciate it if you'd (at least
> temporarily) undo the minor formatting changes you made to c-client.xsl,
> such as renaming the parameter R to r, and adding a comment on the
> closing #endif in each header file. These changes clutter the diff when
> I'm trying to check that the XSLT agrees with my script, which would be
> a sign that both are probably correct.

i've tried to revert my changes. I think i've reverted almost all of them

tell me if it's good, now

I hope that we will commit these modifications tomorrow :)

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: xcb.diff.bz2
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 14874 bytes
Url : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xcb/attachments/20060918/d8118d22/xcb.diff.obj

More information about the Xcb mailing list