[Xcb] [Debian bug#415541] xmms lockup when libX11 1.1.1 uses XCB

Brice Goglin Brice.Goglin at ens-lyon.org
Sun Apr 15 12:17:29 PDT 2007

Hi XCB maintainers,

Arthur Marsh reported on the Debian BTS 3 about weeks ago that libX11
1.1.1 was causing a lockup of its X server when running xmms. When
trying with libX11 1.1 with XCB *disabled*, the problem goes away.
Before possibly reassigning the bug to xmms, I would like to get
upstream opinion.
I am surprised that he gets a lockup, I would have expected crash of
xmms caused by a failed assertion instead. What do you think about this?

All the details are available at

Note that he is running xmms as root to get realtime priority, but he
apparently reproduced the problem as a normal user (see message from
"Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:21:34 +1030").

Thanks,
Brice