[Xcb] [doc] first step of the documentation of sync.xml

Thomas Hunger hto at arcor.de
Mon Dec 17 13:41:48 PST 2007

On Wednesday 12 December 2007, Vincent Torri wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Dec 2007, Eamon Walsh wrote:
> > Vincent Torri wrote:
> >> Hey,
> >>
> >> I have attached a patch that adds the documentation of the sync
> >> extension to the xml description. Actually, I have not added the
> >> doc to all the requests/types, as I first want your opinion
> >> about what I already added.
> >
> > It would be nice if DocBook markup (<para>, etc.) could be
> > present inside the <doc> container as though it were a docbook
> > <section>.  That could be used to generate docbook source and
> > from there to man, html, etc.
>
> I'll wait for Thomas to reply. I don't know what he has in mind
> exactly. But the purpose here is to create doxygen documentation,
> not docbook stuff.

I don't have any special plans. I think that some simple extra markup
would not hurt. If done properly xcb-proto could serve as the
reference for the X11 protocol (replacing the proprietary
documentation. I cannot even read all formats here:

    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/doc/xorg-docs/tree/specs

So thanks for the work, Vincent! Btw.: The "sync.xml" contains a "<="
in line 160. It should be "&lt;=".

I am working on this right now, update coming soon.

Tom