[Xcb] XY pixmaps can't be displayed

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Tue Feb 6 01:39:06 PST 2007

Hey,

it's not a new news, but I would like that stuff to be fixed. First, I
want to port xeyes to xcb, in order to use the shape extension. xeyes uses
bitmaps. I've attached an archive that try to display one of the bitmap.

I've written a function that mimic the XCreateBitmapFromData function, in
order to display the bitmap. It seems that it does not work (nothing is
drawn, on my computer)

I would like to know if there's a bug in my program, first.

then, according to the xcb_image code, as the bbp is 1, we just do a
xcb_put_image of the data, with left_pad = 0, depth = 1 and the correct
length of data, according to the Xlib code. Where can the bug be, in that
part of the code ?

thank you

Vincent