[Xcb] Committing to xcb?

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Wed May 2 05:58:01 PDT 2007

On May 02, 07 12:53:37 +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> >I would suggest at least telling me why it is so difficult to either
> >join the XCB development, or to get a rejection.
>
> the main problem is : the core dev team does not read the mails often. I
> sometimes wait several weeks, sometimes months, before an answer. I even
> didn't get any answer from some question (9 questions, iirc)

It's just usual that you don't get answers for some questions, but
requesting commit permissions is at the utter core of the open source
development process, and *should* be answered (yes sure, no way, yes but
only in a branch, prove yourself worthy, we only accept patches, etc.).

There has to be some policy (not necessarily in written form) how and
under which circumstances development access is handled.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg   (_   | |  (_   |__          mat at mshopf.de