[Xcb] Problem when getting _MOTIF_WM_HINTS atom

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Fri May 11 09:16:08 PDT 2007

Hey,

I'm trying to debug an ecore_xcb function (which sets/unsets the border of
a window). It needs the _MOTIF_WM_HINTS atom and change the property of
the window.

With Xlib, on my computer, the value of that atom is 0x105 and the code
works (the window is borderless).

With XCB, the value of the atom is 0x242 and the window is not borderless.

If I explicitely set the value of the atom to 0x105 in the XCB code, the
window is borderless...

Conclusion: I'm completely lost :) Does someone has a clue about that
strangeness ?

thank you

Vincent