[Xcb] Native win32 port - patches :)

Jeetu Golani jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 09:07:53 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm submitting my patches for the win32 port of XCB. I would appreciate if
people could look into it and give me feedback....hope it's of use to
someone :)

I'll submit a more detailed file on what I've done as is required (please
advize on the protocol)....for now this is a brief of what maybe relevant :

Notes :

The files I have needed to touch include:
xcb_auth.c
xcb_conn.c
xcb_in.c
xcb_util.c
xcb.h

Added a new header:
windefs.h

The code should work on WinXP and above - this limitation is because the
getaddrinfo/freeaddrinfo functions used as part of the library are defined
for WinXP and above.

The pthreads-win32 library is required
(http://sourceware.org/pthreads-win32/). I've been using the pthreadGC2.dll
and corresponding lib files to compile my test. I could post how I built this
library if required.

The version of MinGW I've been using is i586-mingw32msvc-gcc (GCC) 4.2.1-sjlj
(mingw32-2).

Have manually created the an X11 directory within the MinGW includes directory
and copied the X headers there. Maybe this would be automatically done by the
final build mechanism?

Todos:

- Need to have a DLL of this library within Windows....the build mechanism
needs to be modified for this
- testing (so far tested against the XCB tutorial code)

I'd appreciate if we could work on the above. Would love a DLL being created
from the build mechanism.

Barton, I'll set up the git tree as you've described.....Please advise me on
what's next and if i"ve missed something.

Bye for now