[Xcb] Native win32 port -xcb dll - done :)

Jeetu Golani jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 11:56:30 PDT 2008

Hi all,

Thanks to Vincent I've been able to form a DLL of xcb with my win32 code in
it. I still need to test and see if this works however the steps I followed
to get the build mechanism to generate the dll are as follows:

- Compiled the DLL version of libXau:
 ./autogen.sh --hosts=i586-mingw32msvc
make
make install

- Compiled and installed the pthread-win32 library.

- Made changes as suggested by Vincent -

>1) in configure.ac, before AC_PROG_LIBTOOL, add AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL

>2) add, in src/Makefile.am, the value -no-undefined to *_LDFLAGS:

>libxcb_la_LDFLAGS = -no-undefined -version-info 1:0:0

- set the environment variable LIBS to include the ws2_32 and pthreadGC2
library - export LIBS = -lws2_32 -lpthreadGC2

- Configured and built using -
./autogen.sh --host=i586-mingw32msvc
make

As I said I haven't tested the resulting dll......but well hope it works :)

Bye for now