[Xcb] problem with xcb_poll_for_reply (or xcb_wait_for_reply)

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Aug 6 12:43:51 PDT 2008

At 1218051476 time_t, Barton C Massey wrote:
> This sounds like a bug to me.  I assume you've reported it.
> Any test case that might let us reproduce it would be really
> helpful.

Not reported since I was (and still am) not sure it's a bug.
I may try to track it down and/or build a test case.

> Yes, the xcb_select(...) solution allows you select on other
> descriptors as well.  Really, though, it sounds like
> spawning an extra thread or two would be way better here...
> I don't know.

Well, IMHO and if I get what you mean, forcing developeres to use
(y)our own select is just a bad idea.

Maybe exporting a dumb file descriptor which can be selected to *know*
they're events in the XCB queue would be better (something like
timerfd?).

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou