[Xcb] dealing with colors

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Wed Aug 6 22:58:42 PDT 2008

You might look at xcb-demo/julia/julia.c, which contains an
example of how to call xcb_alloc_color() and process the
reply.  It's hard to know where you went wrong without some
actual source code to look at, so post that if you like.
One common source of confusion leading to blackness is that
X color components are 16 bits wide, and thus need to be
left-justified in that size field to work.

Hope this helps.

	Bart