[Xcb] XCB parsing and valueparam

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Sun Aug 31 01:00:09 PDT 2008

OK, attached please find patches to proto and libxcb which
implement the ability to pad ConfigureWindow appropriately.
Once somebody has reviewed these, I'll push them.

My Python skills are better now.  As a result, I miss the
days when it was all M4.

BTW, Julien, I had to apply your patch to c_client.py to get
things to work.  So now I'll admit it was a bug. :-)

The c_client.py patch also emits a warning whenever a
fixed-size non-padding field follows a variable length field
in the xml.  Somebody should look at these warnings and make
sure that the protocol is actually described correctly.

Most of the warnings are in xprint.xml, which could mean almost
anything, but probably should mean that we get xprint.xml
the heck out of our repository before someone tries to
support xprint for something :-) :-).

The couple of remaining warnings are in render.xml, in
places where Keithp has sequences of lists with embedded
list lengths.  Someone should check that the protocol
description is correct, as this is really odd usage.  If it
is correct, I guess we should comment out the warning.

	Bart