[Xcb] ping: SetFontPath specification bug?

Thien-Thi Nguyen ttn at gnuvola.org
Fri Jul 4 00:39:54 PDT 2008

() Ian Osgood
() Thu, 3 Jul 2008 10:59:20 -0700

   Where did you obtain "X Protocol document PROTO.pdf"? The only
   online X Protocol documents I know about are drafts and
   obsolete. (We would like to link to current documentation from
   the XCB wiki.)

I think i mined the source out of the xorg git repo at some point
in the past and built it locally, converting to pdf along the way.
More importantly: AFAICT it is not a draft and it is not obsolete.

   That pretty much says you have the correct bug fix (assuming you
   rebuilt the sources and looked at the protocol again). However...

I didn't rebuild any source.  I just looked at the specification
XML and the wire behavior and used my brain to formulate a model
of correct operation versus observed activity.

   [C stuff]

   (NOTE: this is the code generated by the last version of the
   XSLT in libxcb/src/c-client.xsl. Which code generator were you
   using? I have no idea how well the newer Python generators have
   been validated.  Perhaps the Python generator has a bug in its
   <list> handler.)

How C and Python bindings are (mis)processed from the XML spec is
not my concern.  If the spec is wrong, that is what i want to
address and fix.  If it is not wrong, why it is correct is what i
want to learn.

thi