[Xcb] xcb pre-release

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Jul 13 04:49:40 PDT 2008

Hey folks,

I'd like to propose a libxcb 1.1.90 pre-release. As you are probably aware,
the major change that went into xcb that justifies the version bump is support
for generic events.

As a result, we have several xorg components that cannot be released yet due
to their direct or indirect dependency on libxcb.

These include libX11, libXi, libXext and app/xinput.
The current git master of xserver uses generic events quite extensively as
they are an integral part of XI2/MPX. Without an xcb release, we can't release
the other components, so no app developer can actually get a released version
of the libraries required to start building XI2 apps.

I can do the release myself, I'd just like to get the ok first.

Cheers,
  Peter