[Xcb] Bug in image handling on PPC

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Sun Jul 27 01:10:24 PDT 2008

Thanks much for the bug report!  It was not a known issue.
Thanks also for the really well done test case!  It has been
crucial in tracking down the (?) problem.

I found two suspected bugs: (1) the byte-swapping was being
done with the wrong conversion unit, and (2) get_pixel() and
put_pixel() for XY bitmaps were using bpp instead of unit
for the indexing, which didn't work for big-endian images.
Note that since they agreed, they *seemed* to work. :-)

Attached is a patch that should fix things up.  It works for
your test case, anyhow :-).  I'll push it upstream as soon
as I have upstream commit access back and I've heard from
you.  Do let me know if this doesn't work for you.  Sorry
for the inconvenience, and thanks again for your testing.

	Bart