[Xcb] Native win32 port of XCB??

Jeetu Golani jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 21:18:25 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a native win32 port of libX11...basically I want
the ability to run X clients under windows without using an
abstraction layer like Cygwin. In my pursuits I've come across XCB.

I'm relatively new to X so forgive the noob questions :)

I've read mention about XCB being better than Xlib....am not clear how
this is??? Is there a native win32 implementation of XCB??? Would it
be more fruitful (better for the long run and hopefully easier) to
port XCB to win32 rather than going the Xlib way???

Any help on this would be appreciated......am at a hairs end trying to
have an X library for windows (which i hate by the way ;) )

Bye for now