[Xcb] Porting XCB to win32 - anyone interested?

Jeetu Golani jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 13:22:01 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm looking to take on the task of porting XCB to win32.

As mentioned in a previous thread, I need the ability to write X clients
within windows (no Cygwin) and my quest brought me to the door of XCB. I
think it's a nice and concise library and I'd like to have it running native
in Win32.

I think the network transport layer would probably need the most work - the
Scatter/Gather IO mechanism definitely needs work. The pthreads library would
also need work I suppose, though I haven't reached that far into my
understanding of the code.

That said, I'm by no ways an expert on X programming, nor do I understand the
XCB code completely :)....therefore if there're other people in the community
that are interested in helping out, I'd appreciate it :).....pls write in to
me :)

Bye for now