[Xcb] Native win32 port - working (i think :) )

Jeetu Golani jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Thu May 8 00:06:20 PDT 2008

Hi Michael,

My patches may not be on git yet....I've sent them on the list and I
await Barton's approval on the git tree. You should be able to get the
patches from the XCB mailing list archive. If not I'll send them to
you again.

Barton, I'd appreciate if you could authorize the git tree so I can
put up my patches there......or fill me in on what the process is.

I've managed to use the build/configure mechanism of XCB to build a
DLL using my patches. As per my tests my code seems to work. I've
tried all the examples found in the tutorial. Have tested on the X org
X server and also against the WinAxe xserver within Windows.

I'm out on vacation so don't have the code with me however with
regards the fd_bits struct I'm familiar with the problem and it occurs
 because of including one of the headers - select.h, uio.h or bits.h.
I've put ifdefs there and have added the necessary struct as part of
my windefs.h. I've also reworked the code so everything seems to work
fine now.

All of my procedure including how I got the DLL to be built has been
highlighted in the mailing list before.

Would love to hear how you find it.........is your own port of XCB
working well?? have you done extensive testing of it??? Would love
details

Bye for now