[Xcb] xlib/xcb bridge bugs

Christoph Pfister christophpfister at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 12:37:09 PST 2008


There are still some bugs left with handoff v3+ (using git head from
today) and I've found one very reduced testcase. After a short while
you get assertion failures like the following ones:
- a.out: xcb_conn.c:154: write_vec: Assertion `!c->out.queue_len' failed.
- a.out: xcb_out.c:272: xcb_take_socket: Assertion `c->out.request ==
c->out.request_written' failed.

If you want you can vary the delays and the number of threads. And if
I find some time I'll use some more expensive operations on the server
side to model the circumstances of this issue [1] in a better way
(using a net connection where artifical delays can be added might be
an option as well) ...


PS: Thanks to Jamey and Josh; I think you have spent countless hours
on the xlib/xcb bridge :)

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xcb/2008-October/003994.html
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: testcase.c
Type: text/x-csrc
Size: 683 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xcb/attachments/20081104/e3e19b60/attachment.c 

More information about the Xcb mailing list