[Xcb] Change type="CARD8" to type="char" where the X specs require a STRING8

Carsten Meier cm at trexity.de
Mon Oct 6 11:05:28 PDT 2008

Am Mon, 6 Oct 2008 18:58:11 +0200
schrieb Julien Danjou <julien at danjou.info>:

> At 1223306560 time_t, Carsten Meier wrote:
> > Has this patch never been pushed?
> >
> > http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xcb/2007-July/002923.html
>
> I don't think so.
>
> > I am currently in trouble with the GetAtomName-reply that is of
> > wrong type (CARD8 instead of char).
>
> I can't see why. Size differents? archs? sign?

Because my code-generator produces different code for CARD8- and
char-types. The char-type triggers the generation of special code to put
the data into a std::string (C++).

The python bindings had the same issue which lead to the patch
mentioned above.
->
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xcb/2007-July/002919.html /No.1 I
don't know if it already has been solved another way.