[Xcb] Integrating the Win32 XCB port in the main tree

Jeetu Golani jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 02:04:25 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

As some of you may remember I completed the Win32 port to XCB a few
months back. I haven't looked at it in a while since I've been tied up
with other things however I'm going to be needing this now so
hopefully it'll get me to iron out any bugs in this.

I would really like if this code could get integrated within the XCB
tree. I was trying for that when I'd completed the port - having
written to sitewranglers et al - however for some reason things didn't
go forward (was it something I did wrong with the process??). Anyways
I realize that a legacy and obsolete system such as Win32 :) (yes i
hate it too) represents too small a target audience however as soon as
I'd ported this someone else had written to the list saying they were
looking for just such a port - so there maybe more ppl out there who'd
like a native X library and don't like Cygwin.

I'd really like it if we could somehow have this code integrated into
the code tree. Would appreciate any help/advice on how I can go about
doing that.

Bye for now