[Xcb] Gradient and Transparent Support

Peter Harris peter.harris at hummingbird.com
Tue Oct 21 13:55:56 PDT 2008

Fernando Virgens wrote:
> Hi, i would like to know if XCB give me gradient and transparent support

XCB gives you access to the RENDER extension, if that's what you mean.

> on the window boards or i will have to do this of
> an another way.

Maybe not have to, but unless you are doing something particularly low
level, you probably want to use a higher level library. You may wish to
look into Cairo (which has an XCB back-end), GTK+ (which has a Cairo
back-end), and/or Qt.

Peter Harris
--
     Hummingbird Connectivity - A Division of Open Text
Peter Harris                    http://connectivity.hummingbird.com