[Xcb] Make enums more language independent

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Sep 3 06:40:46 PDT 2008

Hi Carsten,

At 1220444490 time_t, Carsten Meier wrote:
> I am currently working on a set of C++ utility classes which are built
> on top of XCB. For that I've extended xcbgen's Enum-class a little bit
> so that it also exports the bit numbers and not only the bitmask-values
> to code-generators (patch #2). The first patch replaced the generation
> of C-style shift-expressions for bitmask-values with a decimal number.
> The third patch replaced the hexadecimal gc-function values in
> xproto.xml by decimal ones (also to make it more language independent)

I'm ok with these patches. If no one objects in the next day, I may feel
free to commit them.

> I would like to hear comments on this and also a little bit of help on
> how to incorporate the patches into the source-tree (I am new to git
> and distributed development :) )

Your workflow is good.
The only point, if you want to be perfect, is to either attach patches
from git format-patch in the mail, or send them in 3 differents mails
(using git send-email for example). That allows to only pick the ones we
like.

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou