[Xcb] Tiny cleanup patch that removes some code duplication

Henning Sten henning.sten at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 13 13:52:01 PDT 2008

Hi Julien et al,

I'm sort of new to the xcb code. Can you maybe explain what kind of work arnaud is doing on his xcb-utils branch? Also, how does it impact/obsolete my cleanup patch?

While I'm posting, I also have two other questions:

1) I've introduced a utility function "get_atom" in both flames and julia demos, maybe there should be a synchronous helper function like that added to xcb-utils or somewhere (for use in non-perf critical paths only ofc)??

2) Also, I've seen code like this on several places (see below). In this context, why is 0x7f used? Is there a constant for this instead or maybe the API could be made a little bit clear/readable?

      if ((e = xcb_poll_for_event (f->xcb.c)))
        {
          switch (e->response_type & 0x7f)

Thanks,
HS