[Xcb] Releasing xcb-util 0.3.0

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Mon Sep 15 10:56:48 PDT 2008

Oops.  My huge apologies for losing track of this bug
report.  I just investigated and it turns out it's not a
bug, so I closed it.

For GetImage, "If the drawable is a window, the window must
be mapped, and it must be the case that, if there were no
inferiors or overlapping windows, the specified rectangle of
the window would be fully visible on the screen."  The
xcb_flush() after xcb_map_window() was insufficient to
guarantee that the window was mapped; one is supposed to
wait for the MapNotify event, but it turns out it's
sufficient in practice to just do

      map_cookie = xcb_map_window_checked(c, draw);
      assert(xcb_request_check(c, map_cookie) == 0);

instead of the xcb_flush() to ensure that the window is
mapped.

Sorry for the crazy lag.

	Bart