[Xcb] Do all X errors fit into xcb_generic_error_t?

Peter Harris peter.harris at hummingbird.com
Thu Sep 18 06:47:02 PDT 2008

Carsten Meier wrote:
> do all X errors fit into a xcb_generic_error_t-stuct? (I really mean
> ALL errors including future ones and all error-types of all extensions)

Well, extensions are extensions. It is theoretically possible that
somebody might write an "Allow Large Error" extension in the future,
much like the recently added "Generic Event Extension" extension that
allows larger events than were previously allowed. It doesn't seem
likely, however.

For now, all X errors (including extensions for the foreseeable future)
fit into an xcb_generic_error_t.

Peter Harris

--
     Hummingbird Connectivity - A Division of Open Text
Peter Harris                    http://connectivity.hummingbird.com