[Xcb] Problems receiving mapping_notify

Michael Stapelberg michael at stapelberg.de
Fri Aug 7 04:45:01 PDT 2009

Hi,

Excerpts from Julien Danjou's message of Fr Aug 07 10:06:02 +0200 2009:
> Still nothing, I get no event on xmodmap calls.

I just hacked together a quick test program using Xlib to see if the problem
lies within xcb. What I noticed was that I do not get MappingNotify events
until I call XKeysymToKeycode at least once. Maybe it does set some state
somewhere so the X server knows which clients are interested…? Or does Xlib
just strip them if the function is not called? Will have a look at its source
soon.

Anyways, using XKeysymToKeycode in an xlib-only program leads to getting events
upon setxkbmap *and* xmodmap. Source-code is attached.

Calling XKeysymToKeycode in an xcb program does not change behaviour of the
events, I still get them only on setxkbmap. Updated test-program attached, too.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Michael