[Xcb] xcb-commit Digest, Vol 43, Issue 2

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Tue Feb 17 01:50:17 PST 2009

At 1234827726 time_t, Barton C Massey wrote:
> Why?  These are occasionally useful to people, and don't
> seem to hurt anything that I'm aware of.  Were they causing
> a problem?

Packaging auto-generated stuff *is* bad and useless.

I'll add:
* They depends on the version of xcb-proto installed on the dist
  tarball builder which might be corrupted, not up-to-date,
  <insert any bad thing>
  (that's the bad point)
* They cannot be used anyway since configure will yell:
  checking for XCBPROTO... configure: error: Package requirements (xcb-proto >= 1.1) were not met:

  No package 'xcb-proto' found
  (that's the useless point)

So, I guess no one ever used them, and everybody re-generates
them anyway by installing xcb-proto.

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou