[Xcb] socket handoff problems

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Tue Jan 20 17:13:07 PST 2009

In message <194f62550901201422v5087dfc8y8b0585d78610e630 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> I don't have any posix/unix/socket background, so I was
> unsuccessful figuring out what is going on :-/

I do, and I was too. :-)

> As far as I understood it, the socket is taken away from
> "me" when another consumer wants to access it.

Yeah, that looks right, from the comments.

> Probably I need to finish/flush the socket before I hand
> it over, I don't know :-/

You definitely do, which is what return_socket() is supposed
to do.  Just an fflush should be sufficient, I think.  You
may need to return the last sequence number sent from
return_socket() somehow; I'm still trying to figure that
out.

I need to do some other stuff and then bring my sources up
to date.  I'll try to figure it all out in the next couple
of days.

> Thanks again for introducing the socket-handoff API. Its
> exactly what I was looking for, and it came exactly when I
> needed it (even without asking for it). Its really cool :)

Now if it just worked for you... :-)

   Bart